Well look who it is!
Phileas has taken a quick detour for a pitstop back at the G-Mat workshop. She's been on the road for three years this month and, by the looks of her, has been through the mill!
Firstly, the valve has been replaced. I have managed to sort out welding valves in to mats these days but Phileas was built when I was using self-adhesive numbers sealed with glue. due to a combo of hot weather and gorilla-grips, the valve was leaking so I've completely started a fresh. Sealed with Clear Fix so more flexible.
Secondly, the grip was in a right state! It has worn down as grip does over time and people had used wax on the deck. (tut tut)... Then it looks like someone else had tried to top up the grip. Good effort but the sealant had mixed with the wax to make a gooey mess! Yuk!
To solve it, I've got off what I can and then gone HEAVY with Sikaflex EBT over the top. I'm hoping that should see her through pt 2 of her journey.
So, she's gonna be heading back of to the Antipodes soon. I'm just waiting to see if there is a wee wave for me to have a quick session on her before hand but it looks unlikely. Either way she will set sail next weekend for Oz.
It's been a while since we've had a video. I'm going to bunch all the Japanese and Australian stuff together (depending how much comes from SCUMM!)